Apr 13, 2011

Melancholy

Awoken too early as you sneak your way back into my head, tip toeing around my life, stealing my precious energy. I open my eyes and there you are, you always are. I sigh deeply, feeling the pull, the need, the desire and the broken heart. Melancholy fills my chest like a heavy burden I cannot shake, a darkness that dims my light. The internalized scream buries itself deeper into my soul as this feeling of powerlessness and longing grows. Creativity the only outlet to relieve the dull numbness, but a paradox as the numbness fights its course. I wish there was room for the tiny me in your great world of wonder. If only you could see me like this, surely you would replace sad eyes with smiles. But we are both fools distracted by what lies ahead, the uncertainty and anxiety of the unknown. So I pull the covers further over my head hoping my thoughts will wander on and that time will heal this wound, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment