I just got back from the four-day festival craze called Bonnaroo. This was my 7th time there. I've been hooked ever since I went for the first time in 2005. I always find in an incredibly inspiring weekend, almost retreat-worthy, if you will. It never ceases to amaze me that 100,000 people can live in harmony side by side without the urge to lock themselves in houses and shut all their blinds and curtains afraid of their neighbors or the block down the street. It is a nice reminder that in essence, 99.9% of us are good people, yet the media corrupts our minds into thinking otherwise and turns us into paranoid little creatures, afraid of our own shadows.
The moment you enter the festival grounds you can tell that the air is filled with love. You are welcomed with big smiles and cheers and the occasional random hug or high-five. It is the most harmonious weekend of the year. The vibe is truly amazing and you become witness to the reality that magic does exist. It never fails that among the masses of people, I somehow always run into my friends...unplanned. It's like magnetic energy. You can call them and text them and make plans all weekend long to meet up and it won't happen until you give up, exhale and just say: "OK, I give up. I just trust that our paths will cross."
However, Bonnaroo also resembles a boot-camp, don't be fooled. You probably haven't walked that much in the past 6 months combined. And then add dancing on top of that. My legs turned into steel and on day 4 I had random leg cramps that I just had to force myself to dance through. See, the music is so good, you have no other choice. It feeds you more energy just as you thought that you're ready for a nap.
I leave Bonnaroo exhausted but replenished at the same time. My body and soul are filled with positive energy which I can feel radiating out and inspiring people in my path. Even butterflies are drawn to that peaceful energy. That's the beauty of Bonnaroo.

No comments:
Post a Comment