I do not do well with boredom. It doesn't matter, if you pay me outrageously well just to sit in front of my computer and stare at my screen all day. It seems like time gets to a stand-still. I find myself going to the fridge every 5 minutes looking for food or maybe a beer. I am slowly turning into a coffee addict - I have advanced to the "no cream, no sugar, I just like it black, thanks" stage. All I can think about is the million other things I could be doing to enjoy my life right now.
But think about the ridiculous money you're making, focus on that, focus on that. Yeah...
I could be out in the cold rain far away working my ass off on a farm, sleeping in a tent with no shower and not even a Porter John or I could be stranded in a shitty retirement home turned hotel room with the interior design from hell, no WiFi, no TV, no car to take me anywhere - only a shuttle to take me to work and back. Or I could still be at my old job, doing the exact same nothingness I'm doing now but getting paid jack shit. Reality check: I seriously need to stop complaining.
However, my brother enlightened me that there actually is such a syndrome as "bore out" - it's the opposite to a "burn out." You basically get so bored at your job that you start to go crazy. Weird. I think it's happening to me. I get antsy. I constantly want to stretch or walk somewhere. I cannot sit still. Yet I have no energy. What is happening?
I dream of yoga classes and hikes with the doggie. I miss my morning work-outs. I miss lazy mornings with a hot cup of tea on my front porch. I miss handstands in my living room and actually having the time to cook a nice meal and invite some friends over. I miss afternoons with Jackie and spontaneous lunches at Mas Tacos with Molly. My house needs to be cleaned and my fridge is empty. I need to shop for a new big couch so I can invite people and they have a somewhat comfortable place to sleep.
But I do not, and I emphasize "do not," miss being broke. And I thoroughly enjoy being able to treat my friends to nice dinners and drinks.
No comments:
Post a Comment