Feb 15, 2011

Peace

Something clicked inside me last night. For the first time I felt comfortable at my new house. I wanted to be there and I felt at peace. I don't know if it's because I hung up some pictures and curtains, or because I realized how many of my friends thought of me yesterday and sent me sweet messages (which made me feel incredibly loved), or because I looked at old pictures of my teenage years and remembered that I was okay before, so logically I will be okay afterward, too. Things just felt right. Life is on track.

The emptiness is not so scary anymore. First I shall fill my empty cup with this incredible feeling of peace of mind. It will be my foundation for things to follow. I promised not to fill my cup too quickly, and I won't. I will let things in little by little. This morning I was visited by a cat on my porch. My first new friend. I often feel like the universe is sending me messages in disguise. Cats represent independence. Welcome to my new life.

Save the tears that were waterfalling
Let's go swim tonight, darling
(Amongst the Waves, Pearl Jam)

No comments:

Post a Comment