I have this detox-root at home, it's golden-seal, I think. It looks like twigs. You break them into pieces and let them soak in a cup of water over night and it makes this yellow detox tea which is absolutely disgusting. It is the most bitter taste ever. But it helps you cleanse your liver, which I have been abusing due to excessive drinking escapades. So in order to help my body out, I force myself to drink it. It's a bit of a punishment, really.
I think back on the person who gave me this root, and this root - this gift - totally represents the relationship I had with Jason. Jason himself was a bitter fix to a self-induced problem. He helped open my eyes and helped me make the next step I had been dragging out for 4 years. He was the necessary kick in the ass to help me get out of a bad situation and move on with my life. Allowing my heart to escape into Jason's being seemed like a great idea at the time, like I was doing myself some good. But in the end it was a bitter pill to swallow, because I got my heart broken.
So I look at this root now and I think: Perfect symbolism. Of course he had to choose this as the gift for me. How ironic.
No comments:
Post a Comment